What Happens at the Raffles Online Open House?
Making a decision about where to study is not simple. If you want to study abroad, you probably won’t have time to physically visit the college you’re interested in.
That’s why Raffles International College hosts an online open house event every three months. Students from all over the world can attend and decide if Raffles suits their personal needs and interests. In this article, we’ll explain exactly what happens at an online open house and how it can help you decide if you want to join Raffles. Our upcoming open house will take place on March 4th, 2023, from 1-2 PM Bangkok time.
Candy, a business student at Raffles, will lead a tour of our campus. She will take you everywhere, from the ground floor to the fifth floor of the RIC building. You can check out the campus facilities, get a feel for the environment, and see what student life is like on campus.
Fashion Design Mini Collection
Next, you’ll get to view a mini-collection from Kripa, one of our fashion design students. She’ll explain each outfit in the collection as well as her sources of inspiration. You can see what kind of skills and techniques you’ll learn if you become a fashion design student.
Talk to a Senior Student
The chance to meet your seniors is a great benefit of participating in the online open house. Paopao is a third-year student studying interior design. She will share her experiences from her time at Raffles and will undoubtedly give you some excellent advice.
You will meet with key lecturers from Raffles who will introduce you to each of our programmes. You’ll be given an overview of what you will learn in each course. Valentine, Miriam, Wynn, Juergen, and Charisma are the lecturers who will introduce their programmes to you.
Live Q&A Session
In the last section of the open house, you’ll have the chance to ask questions directly to our lecturers in real time via Zoom. Take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about any programme you’re interested in. You will be divided into three groups: the Business and Psychology Room, the Design Room, and the Fashion Room.
As a special benefit for those who join the open house, you will receive a fee waiver worth 5,000 Baht which exempts you from the school’s standard registration fee.
Meet Our Lecturers
In the latter section of our Online Open House, prospective students get the chance to talk with Raffles lecturers. This is a great opportunity to ask questions about the Raffles programme or programmes in which you’re interested, or to ask for advice about your future job prospects following graduation. The lecturers at Raffles have extensive industrial knowledge and can provide you with wise advice.
Let’s take a look at the lecturers who will attend our live Q&A session and learn about their academic and professional backgrounds.
Academic Lead & Programme Director – Fashion Marketing and Management
- Fashion College in Ontario
- Master’s Degree, Lyon University
- Master’s Degree, Lille University
- Fashion Design Lecturer for Raffles Vietnam
- Journalist for Mot Tre Magazine and Tuoi Tre Online Newspaper
- Business Consultant and Manufacturing/Design Firm Trainer for companies such as
- Hansae, HNOSS and T.M.G group in Vietnam (John Henry & Anio Sofia)
Programme Director – Fashion Design
- Advanced Training in Apparel Design, NID (National Institute of Design)
- Bachelor’s in Clothing & Textile Design
- Master’s in Clothing & Textile Design
- Over 5 years’ work experience in the ready-to-wear industry with clients that include J.C. Penney, Bloomingdales, Oscar de la Renta, Bill Blass, Van Heusen and Pierre Cardin
- Programme Director for Fashion Design at Raffles Bangko
- Has played a key role in bringing client collaborations and projects to the classroom, thereby giving students valuable industry exposure
Lecturer – Fashion Design
- Master’s in Visual Arts: Fashion, Textiles & Theater Costumes
- Bachelor’s in Visual Arts: Fashion, Textiles & Theater Costumes
In the fields of textile and fashion design, Mike’s 15 years of professional experience took him to Europe, Africa and Asia; from working with textile giants such as Domo and Milliken to consulting for a fashion-related start-up and even setting up his own label
Over 10 years of teaching experience
Lecturer – Visual Communication, Digital Media Design and Game Design
- PhD in Media Studies, Zurich University of the Arts and University of
- Plymouth Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Media, Academy of Media Arts
- Cologne MFA in Visual Communication, University of Applied Arts Vienna
Senior Lecturer for Digital Media and Course Leader for Data Visualisation and Design at the University of Portsmouth
Founding member of 3007 Office for Media Design Vienna
Has received design awards and grants including the Prix de la Creation de Video from the French Ministry of Culture and the Golden Venus for Media Design CCA Austria
Professionally associated with the Planetary Collegium, Immerse UK, XR4ALL Europe, Academic Design Thinking Network, and Innovate UK
Lecturer – Product Design and Interior Design
Master’s in Graphics Technology (Candidate), Technological University of the Philippines, Manila
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Education (Major in Drafting Technology), Technological University of the Philippines, Manila
- Head of Department for Specialist Visual Art/IB program at Chinese International School, Manila
Lecturer/Program Coordinator at ADS International Design and Art Center, Vietnam
Architectural Draftsman cum Interior Designer, NIC & WES Builder Pte Ltd, Singapore
Lecturer – Psychology
Master of Arts in Guidance and Counseling
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
7+ years working in education, specifically in the counseling field, in international and private schools
Der Kie Vlog at Raffles International College
Raffles International College invited Der Kie Vlog to visit our campus. The Der Kie Vlog team stayed at Raffles for the entire day to observe campus life and surroundings. They also attended classes, engaged with lecturers, students, and staff, and utilised Raffles facilities or services, such as the Common Ground café and library. They even played some ground-level basketball.
Der Kie Vlog is a social media influencer from Myanmar with more than 53,000 Facebook followers. He shares the best university campuses in Thailand and relevant information with Burmese students who are interested in studying here. Here is his video of his tour of Raffles International College in Bangkok.